Once your skater has progressed into Basic 5 or higher of the Learn to Skate Program, consider joining the Mt Pleasant Figure Skating Club as a Junior Club member. Junior Club is the next step for your child to learn and develop their skating skills, beyond group lessons and our beginning Rising Stars program.
Skaters enrolled in MPFSC’s Junior Club will have the opportunity for private lessons with a certified coach and receive more personalized instruction. Junior Club Members will also have more flexibility for ice time, opportunities for extra practice, access to specialized skater development classes and the ability to use the entire sheet of ice when receiving their lessons. They will also have a blast participating in our annual Ice Show and other fun events.
Joining the MPFSC as a Junior Club member is a great way for aspiring figure skaters to learn more about the club and the sport, allowing them time to determine their own individualized skating goals. No matter what they decide, your child will have fun meeting others who enjoy the sport of figure skating!
Advantages of Junior Club Membership
- Reduced club membership fee
- Private lessons from experienced professional instructors
- Individualized attention and introduction to additional skating techniques.
- A variety of ice times to better suit your schedule.
- Ability to purchase a club ice punch card that offers flexibility for lessons and opportunities for extra practice time.
- Opportunities to compete and perform at competitions around the state.
- Special Ice Show Numbers featuring Junior Club Skaters
- Eligible to compete at U.S. Figure Skating basic skills competitions
- Opportunity for specialized parent and skater education.
- Invitation to MPFSC’s annual end of year banquet
- Opportunity for aspiring figure skaters and their parents to join our skating community while continuing to learn more about the sport and MPFSC before considering making the transition to full club membership.
Junior Club Membership is open at anytime to skaters in Basic 5 – Pre Free Skate. The annual Club Membership goes from July 1 to June 30. This membership level allows you to join the club at a reduced fee of $45/year and includes a Learn to Skate USA membership as well.
Junior Club skaters have access to MPFSC ice time on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday nights from 5 pm -6 pm. Families may purchase a punch card to pay for their ice sessions or pay the drop in rate each night. Private lessons during ice time can be contracted with any of the MPFSC certified coaches on staff. Skaters can also utilize club ice for extra practice time without their coach.
Typical Costs For Junior Club Members
- Junior Club Membership: $45.00/year (July 1st – June 30th)
- Ice Cost: Club ice punch card — $200.00 per 10 hours of ice time. Families can purchase one or multiple cards. Discounts are available for multiple card purchases. Skaters will be notified when there is only one hour remaining on their active card.
- Coaching Fee: Private lessons are $8.00 per 20 minutes and will be paid directly to the skater’s coach, either daily or by monthly bill.
Frequently Asked Questions
A: MPFSC’s Junior Club Program is a natural progression in a skater’s training. It serves as a bridge to introduce the skater and family to Club Membership and allows for more ice time, individualized coaching, and opportunities to have fun and grow within the sport.
A: Skaters at the Basic 5 – Pre Free Skate level who have enthusiasm, dedication and the desire to learn more about the sport of Figure Skating.
- Mondays: 5:00 – 6:00 pm
- Tuesdays: 5:00 – 5:50 pm
- Thursdays: 5:00 – 6:00 pm
For extra practice the rink also holds a drop in on most Saturday mornings from 8:30 – 9:50 am. Cost is $15 for 60 minutes or $20 for 90 minutes. Payment for Saturday morning sessions must be paid to the rink office before getting on the ice.
Q: How does a club ice punch card work?
A: Junior Club Members obtain ice time for Mt Pleasant Figure Skating Club sessions by purchasing a club ice punch card. For each club ice session that is skated one hour is subtracted from the skater’s punch card. When a skater has one hour remaining they will be notified of the need to purchase a new card. Click here for full details.
Want more information or ready to sign up?
Please e-mail us at MtpleasantFSC@gmail.com for more details on the Junior Club program or feel free to message us on Facebook or chat with us during Learn to Skate lessons.